Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cikgu Yusnor Ef continues his work in promoting Malay culture and music.. a few recent clips

Having had the opportunity to meet Cikgu Yusnor Ef in 2010, I've been following his tremendous efforts to promote the history and culture of Malaysia and Singapore ever since.

 Cikgu Yusnor Ef is not only a historian and cultural advocate, but also a very prolific lyricist, and has written songs for many of the top artists from Singapore and Malaysia, including Sanisah Huri, Sharifah Aini, Ahmad Jais, A Ramlie and Rahimah Rahim.

 He has written some incredibly informative books in recent years, and also has been awarded many times for his work.

Recently, Cikgu Yusnor Ef asked me to record some interview clips about my own western opinion (and undeniable love) of Malay pop in the 60s.  I completed this video clip a week ago (with help from jlawrva) and sent it to him.. maybe it will end up on Singapore TV as well!  I will certainly post it here if it does!

Below, I am posting 3 videos that I found on Youtube today. The first one is in honor of his recent award, and the second two are from a mini-series which aired on TV1 (in Malay - no subtitles).






No comments:

Post a Comment