Friday, August 1, 2014

First day back in Singapore

Arrived at 3:45 am on Aug 1, took a taxi from the airport to my hotel, and passed out. Woke up sometime after noon the next day and started texting people, emailing people, making phone calls.  Met up with my friend Ben Harrison who is a local punk rock musician and music writer and went exploring Singapore a little bit.  Attended an art exhibit by artist Yee-I Lann at "SILVERLENS" Gillman Barracks. Then ate at an outdoor food center next to an old "Estate" from the 60s that is apparently about to be torn down. Today, Aug 2, I am starting out my day by blogging a few photos quickly, and then rushing off to meet 3 or 4 different people!  More soon!

Narita Airport - getting ready to board the plane for Singapore

Origami in a shop at Narita airport

Arrival in Singapore

 looking out my hotel window before passing out! 
First Sunset in Singapore
Yee I-Lann "Tabled" art opening
Top: BBQ (sambal) stingray; bottom: Fish Balls, Broth and Noodles


No comments:

Post a Comment