Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terima Kasih Banyak-Banyak (Thank you very very much)



The incredible attention my project got from the blog my sister Xeni posted on BoingBoing definitely kicked my Kickstarter project into high gear! Thanks so much Xeni!!

Kickstarter is a truly brilliant website. Many thanks to Kickstarter for providing a powerful means to get my idea out to the world and for helping me raise funds for this project.

Of course, the whole idea of travelling to Malaysia and Singapore is really something that came out of many late night discussions with Sublime Frequencies co-founder Alan Bishop.

I should also say that there are many people in Malaysia and Singapore (who I will formally thank in the future but wont name specifically here) who have shared so much information with me over the years - providing translations, rough bios of artists, context, and encouragement of my research. Thanks to all of you. Terima Kasih Banyak-Banyak!!

And most importantly, thanks to all the friends, family, and complete strangers who generously supported my dream by becoming backers of my project. I am so grateful to all of you for giving me this opportunity.

Last but not least, thanks to WRIR for being the best radio station in the world and allowing me to share my eclectic musical tastes with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment