Monday, July 12, 2010

Adnan Othman and Band Delima performing at a Malay Wedding reception

Adnan Othman is one of my all time favorite Pop Yeh Yeh singers.. and he's one of the nicest, coolest people I've ever met.
Here he is going over the set with the band and doing soundcheck :

plugging in the guitar

performing the classics in style.. with Delima




I hung out with the band, and Adnan Othman, all night this evening.. the generosity and kindness of these musicians is really just so incredible. They sounded great in this big ballroom. And Adnan even did a few of my favorites -including Budi Bahasa! I am so grateful to Adnan and his band for welcoming my interest in their music and letting me attend this private, exclusive performance..

Adnan's backing band for the evening was excellent --- Band D'Lima --- there's a photo of me with the group below

No comments:

Post a Comment